Friday, August 10, 2012

I nearly fell.

Twice. While running on the indoor track today. This has happened before, a number of times. The track is made of this rubberized material, and when I'm tired I tend to drag my feet a little. Which can be disastrous when there are nearly imperceptible ridges in the track, because the shoe doesn't drag, it sticks. And I stumble. Once today was in front of the damn treadmills. I am waiting for the day when I will wipe out entirely in front of all of the beautiful people. I wonder if someone will come to my aid, or if they will all just stare I'm horror and then snicker in their smug confidence that THEY would never be so clumsy. I, on the other hand, am famously clumsy when running. Last summer I went sprawling full-out in front of bf on a trail in Pinetop. A couple years ago I again went full on face plant when running with a group training for a half marathon. Gashed my knee up pretty good on that one, but I popped up off the ground so fast it was just like it never happened (or so I convinced myself). Because if you don't look at people in those situations they can't see you. I lost it once on Broadway road in Tempe, a busy road. Fell in the dirt that time, headphones and my sporty yellow Walkman went flying, cars buzzing by with huge eyeballs in the windows. I limped back home with dirt all over me but no real other injury. Just my pride. Wounded pride aside, I did a fairly decent 3 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!