Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mr. Humidity

But we’ve been sweating while you slept so calm,
In the safety of your home.
-Rise Against

Woke up this morning a little later than planned, immediately rescheduled my 8:00 call to 8:30 and went for a run.  I ran just under 4 this morning before it got unbearably hot.  It was unbearably humid - I wasn't sure there was any air left in the air, it just felt like low density water.  So I not only had to carry myself on this run, but the roughly 10 pounds of sweat that was trapped in my shirt - my mesh Las Vegas run shirt, which did not provide any cooling whatsoever. 

I did figure out a general route for a run that takes me by a friend's house which opens up the possibility for a halftime.  But no luck today.

I got back, showered, and then got on the call.  And then started sweating again.  And then I took the kids to play miniature golf and started sweating again.  Blending nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!