Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's the most wonderful time

Of the year!!!
- traditional Christmas carol and back to school ditty

This has been the song in my head for the last few days. Kids are back to school today!!! Woot!!! Back to routines and bedtimes and family dinners!!

So after I dropped J at the bus, I went to the gym and struggled through two on the dreadmill. They are resurfacing the bball court and had these industrial sized fans on the other side of the gym away from the treadmills. I don't know why they can't put a couple of those damn things by the treadmills to cool the place off. As I was running, two of the gym beauties in tight yoga clothes started walking around the track side by side doing lunges, and I was annoyed thinking that I would have to excuse myself to get by them when I did my last mile on the track. And lo and behold, here comes this hippie looking guy with a ponytail out the back of his baseball hat running around the track and he had to stop and tap one on the shoulder and excuse himself to get by and I was really annoyed on his behalf. Walkers are supposed to stay in the outside lanes!! But after that they started paying attention and they moved for me. So hippie guy was then doing medicine ball and bosu stuff and I looked at him on my laps by because he was a rather odd figure at the gym. He had a baseball cap on with ponytail, and these giant earmuff style headphones. Then I notice he's pretty tatted up. Then I saw he had this thick gold chain around his neck, and suddenly it clicked. This has to be Brett Michaels. He lives near me and his daughters go to school with my kids. He always has a hat or bandana on. Then I remembered someone pointing out his girlfriend to me a couple years ago at a social event at the club. Then I remembered reading that he recently broke up with his on and off girlfriend of 20 years and mother of his kids, which would explain why he's at the gym. I still wasn't sure but was definitely planning to blog that it was him. And on my next lap by he looked at me and smiled, and it was definitely him. So then I figured those idiot girls did that on purpose and I felt a little bad for him. And then he got on the track behind me and I was terrified I would fall down. But I didn't. And then this db dude comes to the track with a giant grin on his face and stopped Michaels to say hi. Then he went to another area of the gym and I left and texted bf and my sis about my unexpected brush with fame!!! At least B-list fame. And I did an extra .3 miles while I enjoyed the spectacle, so 3.33 in total today.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought you were just THAT concerned about my macadamia conspiracy update when really you just wanted to brag on your fancy pants gyn clientele.... I didn't know his kids went to school with yours, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!