Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just a Girl

I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be
I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Makes me worry some
- No Doubt

Today is this really odd weather in the valley.  It's overcast and fog-like, which is incredibly unusual for August.  It's been over 110 every day for over a week now.  But this morning it was a crisp and cool 88 degrees when I dropped my boy off, so I headed for the mountain instead of the gym.  Yes it's hotter outside, but the air moves.  I think I did about 2.5, and when I got down it was still only 88 degrees.  I could have gone further I guess, but I was really worried the sun would come out from behind the clouds when I was out there, and then they'd find my body fried and burned under the rocks with the rattlesnakes.  Also, I did turn my ankle, but I didn't fall.  They are paving the road to the mountain, which is a little sad.  The dirt road makes it seem so much more rugged.  One of the construction workers warned me to be careful because he'd seen two snakes this morning. 

Also, I can't believe I forgot to blog yesterday.  I did three on the indoor track at the gym.  Relatively uneventful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!