Sunday, May 1, 2011

Okay, first 5K down

1 more 5K and 2 10K to go to meet my goals for the year.

I really did okay. I did not beat my personal best (37:25), but I did come close. My time was 37:43, which was 12:11/mile. The course was really hilly, such horrible hills that I cannot believe I did as well as I did, and also means that had it been a flat course, I am confident I would have a new personal best. Honestly, had I known there would be those kind of hills, I would not have chosen to do this race. But I should have known considering that the race is right here in my neighborhood, the same neighborhood I am constantly bitching about not being able to find a flat running course in.

Also, I gotta give a shout out to the ol' Garmin! I crossed that finish line, stopped my timer, and that thing read EXACTLY 3.1 miles. So, the time I gave above is not my "official" chip time, but I know for a fact that it will be within a second or two of my official time, since the Garmin is just that awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!