Monday, May 9, 2011

Modern Running Logic

Tonight I drove K 1.5 miles to the gym, so that she could run 1 mile on the treadmill. I then drove 1.5 miles home. I then ran my 3.5 mile route that takes me in a roundabout way to my gym and back home, and J rode alongside me on his bike for part of the way. Then I drove 1.5 miles to pick up K at the gym, and back home. So, I drove about 6 miles so that we could all get 6 miles of exercise in between us. Makes a lot of sense.

So, on this particular run, I felt particularly good. It was a cool breezy night, probably one of the last we'll have in a while. And it was nice to have J's company, riding big circles around me. And of course fat dog always enjoys a jog. I felt that I was going at a good pace and kinda wishing I'd brought my watch. But after about 3 miles I started pooping out. And by that I mean, I had to poo. And, I had to stop running for that reason. And, at one point, I had to stop and clench. And at that moment, I had the fiercest cramp in my left butt cheek. It literally left me immobilized, bent over, knees touching, cheeks clenched, going "Gaaaaaahhh!! Arrgggghhhhh!!" on the side of the road in the dark. It was like a calf cramp, if you've ever had one of those, where it just locks up so tight you have to scream. I tried to bend over to stretch it out a bit, and I could feel it pulling all the way down the back of my left thigh. After a few minutes, I was able to start hobbling home. I only had 1/4 mile to go, thankfully, and by the time I got home it had loosened up substantially. I took a muscle relaxer (after I took care of the other business). It still feels strangely weak and tight. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I wonder if this is caused by the extreme gluteous maximus strength I've gained in yoga? That its just overpowering, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!