Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Morning blahs

I also did a morning run today and it was awful. It seems to get better when I'm consistent about it, but I haven't done a morning run in a week or so and I could really tell. It just takes my body so long to wake up! I can bang out 3 or 4 miles with no problem at lunch or evenings or weekends, but in the morning it feels like I've never run before. I'm out of breath almost immediately and quickly exhausted. The good thing is that I seem to be more clear headed at work on the mornings when I've run. I'd really appreciate advice from anyone who's figured out how to get it done successfully first thing in the morning. I have a dr. appt next week so I'm going to get my thyroid checked again. If its low it can make waking up a LOT harder. When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism I had quit running in the mornings because it had gotten so difficult. It actually felt like I was sleep running and I didn't actually fully wake up until a mile in! Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. You have never been a morning person Sandy. I drink my coffee and wake up before I go, but that requires waking up even earlier. It's my quiet time and I enjoy it. Even though almost all my time is quiet time these days. anyway my point is, do you drink any caffeine in the morning? I wonder if you tried one of those energy shots, and then went 15 minutes or so later, if that would help?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!