Sunday, May 1, 2011

I went

It was shitty!! Completely and totally shitty. I did not do 3. Before I even left, I spent half an hour messing with the fucking left knee brace, because I couldn't get it to go on right. I got so frustrated I almost gave up, and then decided I would just leave it and chafe instead. I got out there and it felt terrible. My legs were aching. My nose was running. My sunscreen sweated into my eyes. So I made a deal with myself that if I didn't feel better, I would turn around at my usual 2 mile spot. Well I didn't feel better! I only walk/ran about 1.5 miles and trudged the last 1/2 mile home. Still though, my time was about the same as it was on Monday, which was my first go in a long time. I'm feeling pretty down about it though, I might need a good cry.
In honor of the people that are actually reading this boring blog, I have decided I will finally write down the story of The Shitty Day. It is the saga of the Denver Rock n Roll half marathon, which is our most recent race together. Sandy and Marianne have told me to write it and now I think I will, because I can finally think about it without having to poop. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Ok wait. I never said write it!! And, if you do, it will likely necessitate me writing a more accurate version of events. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you did, you said blog about it, more than once! You might have to write a defense of your part in it, but I can promise you accuracy, sister.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!