Sunday, May 1, 2011

Forgot to add about the pins

I meant to tell you a funny story about this race. So, I had not pre-registered, so I show up at this place at 8:30 and I fill out the little form and this lady is giving me instructions and my bib. So, she goes "okay, so you take two of these pins and attach your bib to your shirt" and I go "okay, but first I need to take to bib over there to get my goody bag, right?" and she goes "right, so go ahead and take two pins before you do that". So, I look at her kind of funny, and then I dip into the little pin box and I take four pins and the whole time I am thinking, is this lady seriously telling me to limit my pins to only two pins? Because she mentioned it twice, but the idea is absurd, if I only took two pins, then my bib would be flapping around the whole time in a very annoying fashion, that is why the bibs have four holes, right? So you can attach it in four places? I mean, I have not done very many races, but I have never been told to only take two pins.

So anyways, I take the four pins and later on when I am wandering around the starting line area, I see all kinds of people with their bibs attached with only two pins! It cracked my shit up, let me tell you! I was like "oh my god, they actually listened to the chintzy pin lady!" Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!