Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dear Saucony,

Its that time again, friends. Your shoes gave me a blister on my run yesterday, which is a surefire indicator that its time for some new Hurricanes. But before I auction my first child to get the money to buy more, I offer this plea. Is it at all possible to make shoes in some interesting or, dare I suggest, even fashionable colors? I mean really, I've been wearing this darn white shoe with light blue trim for at least 5 years, and prior to that it was a white shoe with pale yellow. When I get my ass out there to run I need reasons to be EXCITED!!!!! Like maybe some purple, or black!! Pink even, although please spare me the ribbon symbol from the pink mafia. In the old days before I fell in love with your Hurricane stability and realized it was the only shoe for me, I ran on many fancy shoes. Case in point, take the Nike Air Hurachi, a most fancy shoe of the day, which looked badass but hobbled me with shin splints. I'm pleading with you Saucony Gods and Goddesses. Give me something pretty to run in. I have so many blue/white shoes in my closet its difficult to tell them apart. Last week I went hiking in my running shoes!! A sacrilege of the highest order!!

I did end up going to the gym last night and did 3 miles on the treadmill in 34:30, which is an awesome time for me!! 11:30 min pace. I'm striving to get within the range of "all levels" and I'm convinced that some pretty purple shoes will get me there.

Sincerely,
Disaster

1 comment:

  1. Striving to get to all levels.... hilarious! I am due for new shoes as well, but I have to wait for payday! I have 400 miles on mine now and they are nine months old.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!