Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Early Morning

Went two miles this morning. It wasn't great. 12:24/mile. Whatever. This is why I don't like getting up and running. I am miserable and slow. Although it does feel kind of good to just have it out of the way for the day. And I have to say, I am just SORE from that stupid run on Monday, from the monstrous hill! My legs are tight! I didn't go yesterday, finally took a likely much needed day off.

As far as shoes, I do need some new shoes. I am trying to figure out if I should just order them on line or go to the running store. Ordering on-line is cheaper, but getting them at the running store gives a level of security, since I know I can return them if they suck or have some kind of problem. I could return them if I bought them on-line too, but that is always such a big pain in the ass. The other thing is that there is some new model of Hurricanes out there, and I'm afraid of ordering them on-line since what if they don't fit as well as the old ones and I end up needing some different shoe?

Sandy, I was thinking that when I get my new shoes, I would just take a sharpie and write "old" on the inside of the tongue of my old shoes, that way I wouldn't mix them up with the new ones. It's some trouble to go to, but it's probably worth it to make sure you aren't hiking or shopping in your running shoes.

1 comment:

  1. They update the hurricane model almost every year, so I wouldn't worry about it. If they fit before I think you're safe ordering online. Where do you order them from? I've decided I'm going to start writing the purchase date on my shoes, that way I know which ones are new and its easier to know when I need new ones.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!