Friday, May 20, 2011

New 5K PR!

I did that 5K last night, and while I did not do as well as I would have wanted to (I really wanted to get in the 36 minute range), I did get a new PR, my time was 37:17, 12:02/mile. Pretty good! Considering that my last timed 5K (the big hilly one) was 37:43 and that was just a couple of weeks ago. And considering that before that, the 5K time during that half marathon we did was 41:51, I am feeling pretty good about it. I am also wondering if perhaps I really just can't go much faster than a 12 minute mile, because I was really pushing it last night!

Anyhoodle, now I am done with my 2 5K's goal, so I suppose it is time to move on to 2 10K's. I am doing another 5K in July, after we get back from Yellowstone, but that is for a charity that I actually really like and donate to every single month.

Today Chris and I took the day off together, since he is going to be traveling a lot in the next few weeks, and we hiked this placed called Castlewood Canyon. We did a 6.3 mile hike. It was pretty rough, too! It was actual real hiking, like climbing a lot and climbing over rocks and shit, so it took us a really long time, but we burned off lots of calories. Plus, it was pretty and stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Your math seems wrong. If u did 12:02 mi your 3 mi time would be 36:08. Unless it took u over a minute to do the last .1??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably did take me over a minute to do the last part.... I don't know, I didn't look at the splits, but I was pretty well falling apart at the end.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!