Sunday, May 15, 2011

and so the inevitable happened . . .

I was in Chicago last week for work and did manage to get one run in at the hotel gym. As I was putting my shoes on I noticed something odd.



Do you notice anything? Well, neither did I when I was packing. But, if you look closely, you can see that I brought two different shoes, one from an old pair of running shoes and one from my newer pair. Reminiscent of my earlier post, Dear Saucony, wherein I complained about the similarity in hurricane styles year after year.


When you look at it this way, it seems a little more obvious. But who among us ever gets a side view of their running shoes? I guess I should be happy I brought a right and left shoe so I could still go run. And yes, I did go. And, for those wondering, I really didn't notice any difference in how each foot felt. In fact, it was one of my faster runs. I did 3 miles in 34:15 with my usual 2,1,0 inclines.


Saturday was K's bday so I never did make it to the gym as I was busy carting her around town and buying her things. So, sadly, I only got in 3 times last week. I was on a 7 week stretch there going 5x/week. But such is life I suppose. Back at it this week. I did 3.5 at the gym today along with a little yoga stretching.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!