Monday, May 2, 2011

my left butt cheek

hurts. Like a beatch. From yoga I guess. I was gonna go today at lunch but will hold off as I don't want to exascerbate my condition.

So my gym publishes a regular newsletter on results from different races/events we do. The gal asked about participation in Pat's run so I sent her my results to be published. Here is what it looked like.



Ouch. Who knew I was so pathetic? Yep that's me a full 12+ minutes behind the last person (35 min to 47 min if you can't see), on a 4.2 mile run. And I was all proud that I got in under 50 min. The same gym is having a group run for cinco de mayo, and it said all levels welcome (7-11 min pace). So, I guess that's not really all levels is it? Honest to goddess, I've been running since I was 10 years old and I don't think I've ever been much below an 11 min mile pace. I don't really feel like I'm going SLOW when I'm at an 11 min pace. I felt pretty good at Pat's Run, and I ended at about 11:10 min miles. I was passing people the whole time (although there were a lot of walkers). I guess I don't really get it. Maybe I'm more of a jogger than a runner.



But, I think I'm awesome. See how I'm pulling this guy along behind me by his hair?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that might be the funniest finish line picture I have ever seen! I can't quite get the knack of the pictures, I don't pay enough attention and then I don't see the people taking the pictures until they have already taken one of me looking exactly how I look for the majority of the race... sweaty, fat, tired and cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, you should just go on the Cinco De Mayo run anyway, just show up!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!