Saturday, May 14, 2011

3, meeting small goals

I did three outside today. I have no idea of my time, since when I was finally ready to leave (after torturing the dog for approximately an hour and a half while I piddled around) I realized my garmin battery was dead and it needed to be charged. I really couldn't wait for it, since I needed to get the stupid run in, since it is supposed to rain and possibly snow later today.

So anyways, I don't know what my time was, but I think it was probably pretty good, I had three small walk breaks, but I am continuing to meet my small goals. There is this two mile loop, that is about half uphill and half downhill and my goal has been to run the entire thing without taking any walk breaks. I have been thwarted in this goal by the damn hill. So, when I started out trying to do this, I was doing .93 miles without a walk break. Then I went 1.2, then 1.3, and yesterday I went 1.4. Today I did 1.5 before my first walk break, which almost gets me up the entire stupid hill, after which I am fairly certain I will be okay, since then I get some nice downhill and level area. I know I made it 1.5 miles today even though I didn't have my garmin, since yesterday, when I did 1.4, I thought if I could just make it to this one sign on the road, that would be 1.5, so I did that today and I confirmed it on Gmaps. So, even though I couldn't measure my time with my usual obsessive zeal, it was still a good run.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Hills are great training and you use diff muscles, especially your butt!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!