Sunday, January 31, 2016

I'm Alive

Now I'm alive and I'm taking my first breath
Oh I'm alive and this time I won't forget
- Kongos

I had the best mountain run I've had in a very long time. I can say I'm in better shape now than I was before my kidney surgery last summer. I feel as good as the woman who ran mountains with a 7 and 9 year old. Perhaps not as agile though. I used to run down the mountain with such reckless abandon. It never occurred to me I might fall until I actually did. And continued doing. But that's another benefit of yoga - I can tell my ankles are so much stronger now. I haven't fallen or even almost fallen this year. Also it gives me a Kim Kardashian booty. I may not look like KK walking down the hall but I can sure feel my giant booty muscle. I sometimes have to grab it. One other thing is I've noticed my runners cough (acid reflux) has gotten way better since I've been doing more yoga. I think I've created more space in my abdomen. At least that's what the yogis wound say. One last thing I thought about in this stream of consciousness during my run - it is often lonelier being with someone else than being my yourself (i.e. someone who would rather watch reruns of The Office than engage me in conversation during a four hour flight). Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!