Thursday, January 21, 2016

You're All Still Here

Hey, you know I'll run away for a couple of years
Just to prove I've never been free

         - AWOL Nation

I LOVE this song, downloaded at the recommendation of my cooler than me sister. And that is my favorite line MY FAVORITE LINE!!

When I got dressed out at the gym today I realized I had neglected to pack appropriate running underwear. The ones I was wearing were not going to work, so I had to go commando, which got me thinking about underwear while working out. I mean, I'm willing to bet there are plenty of people who regularly eschew the undergarment whilst working out and really, why do I do it? It's just another piece of clothing to get sweaty. 

I therefore hereby commission a poll!! In the comments, YOUR THOUGHTS ON GYM UNDERPANTS. This is important work. 

Then, after I had started running on the treadmill, my wireless headphones were beeping, leading to headphone-low-battery-anxiety, which is the clinical term, so I had to go back to the damn locker room to grab my back up pair! To top all this off I was wearing these particular pants that have a tendency to fall down, exacerbating potential lack of underwear issues. 

Lesser mortals would have just thrown in the proverbial, and literal, towel and gone home BUT NOT THIS GIRL. 

Anyway, a semi-solid 3.5 in the books. 

2 comments:

  1. So did you moon the gym crowd?? Hahahahahha!!! I have certain underwear I wear to the gym - it must be cotton and not ride up but I've never been comfortable going commando.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have specific cotton gym underwear. I just forgot to pack them. It could have been worse, I have been known to forget to pack my SHOES, for which there is no solution other than to go home and drink.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!