Monday, January 11, 2016

Word

Every word you say
I think I should write down
Don't want to forget come daylight
- Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk

So today I did yoga and I will say it was a struggle. I ran two miles first and my muscles were probably still weak from yesterday. This song came on near the end and I was reminded of a boyfriend from a few years ago and how crazy I was about him. Looking back I can see that it wasn't a mature sort of love, but it was the first time I realized I could love again after my divorce. So it was a bittersweet time. I wonder the same now, if I even have the capacity for healthy love. Who knows. I always hoped to find someone before J was grown, but that ship has sailed. I so wanted him to have a strong male figure in his life. I hope I will look back on this time and be grateful I had this time to raise him on my own (for the most part anyway). The meditation today was on changing negative patterns, and I focused on doing so gracefully. I feel like I'm a very strong person but I struggle to act with grace sometimes. But I digress. Now I sit, body aching, watching the national championship. What an awesome game! I will most likely take tomorrow off to recover and I'm glad I've already got 7 miles this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!