Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wrath of Fancy Hotel Treadmills

And the Andalusian tribes
Setting the lay of Nebraska alight
'Til all that remains is the arms of the angel

                                  - The Decemberists

Another Nebraska song, even though I am no longer in Nebraska. But my experience there lives on in the form of some kind of strain in my calf. Remember the stupid treadmill in the hotel that thinks it's fancy? Yeah, the one that felt like it was on an incline but really wasn't.... well, I got done with that run and felt a curious pain in my left calf the rest of the day. Today, I went another three miles, and the pain is definitely curious and definitely a pain. It's in this weird spot on my calf, and it is definitely strained! Stupid motherf***ing hotel treadmills! It was probably not level or something. 

I have also had kind of a hard time getting back up to altitude. I went "running" Friday night, and walked so much of it that I only counted one mile towards the 500 (I'm confident I ran one of the miles, probably walked most, if not all, of the other two). So, I downshifted to the elliptical on Saturday and today managed to get three miles of actual running in. I went really slow and still had a hard time catching a good deep breath. 

At any rate, 121 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!