Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Bridge

He said, "I don't understand, this was not part of the plan..."
-The Loved Ones

I set out today with a plan to run 10 miles and I'll explain why later.  But two things happened - first my legs hurt the entire way.  Second - I was attacked.  There were two of them - one got me high, the other came low.  In the police line-up I was able to identify the first one as a leafy branch and the second as a raised portion of the sidewalk.  Anyway - the first one pokes me in the eye, the second one tries to trip me (but I, graceful as a baby giraffe, avoid failing) and as I stumble my iPod goes flying.  It still works (somehow), but now I am lucky enough to have an answer to "what do you want for your birthday?"

I only completed 8.5 miles of my run today, which means on day 1 of my full marathon training, I have already fallen short of the goal.  That's right - I will run in San Diego under 3 conditions

1) no one suggests, encourages, intimates, or otherwise implies that I shoud run faster at any time
2) I reserve the right to stop 1/2 way through and congratulate myself on running a 1/2
3) if we see Phillip Rivers, Ran Dumb Thoughts has to present him a prepared list of all of his (meaning Rivers) faults.

Those terms seem reasonable. 

And most importantly, we add "The Bridge" by The Loved Ones to the official playlist.  I really like this song - not so high on the video.  It just feels too goofy.  I know - that's me saying it's too goofy.  Doesn't matter though - the song is still awesome.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exW7wVdiM_g

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!