Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Don't Go Back to Rockville

Going where nobody says hello
They don't talk to anybody they don't know
                                               - R.E.M.

A song that I'm pretty sure was written about Omaha.... maybe the entire state of Nebraska.

I'm in Omaha and got 2.5 miles done on the hotel treadmill, which felt like it was on an incline even though it wasn't. The treadmill also kept giving me updates like "30% complete" which I thought was interesting given that I don't remember telling the treadmill what I was planning to do. But apparently it just knew.

My hotel is the worst kind of hotel, one that isn't fancy but thinks it's fancy. The bed sucks and frankly I'm pretty impressed with myself for going running this morning since I am working 12 hour days and sleeping on a crappy bed. You should all be very impressed as well.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!