Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm Shakin'

Early in the morning time
Late in the middle of the night
Whenever this chill comes over me
I wanna hug you with all of my might
That's right and I'm sweatin'
Oh, yeah you got me shakin'

                          - Jack White

At least once or twice every Spring I do this... I overestimate the temperature, I underestimate when the sun is going to come up, I don't estimate the wind at all. And I understand that these things are knowable in the universe, and you would think I would check things out a bit more before heading out for an early morning run, but you would be wrong. My thought process is always just something like "springspringspringspring, I can go out running in the morning without my life being in danger woooooooooooooooo!!!!!"


Which brings me to this morning, wherein I did three miles. It was 25 degrees, breezy and dark for at least the first two miles of it. I was only wearing one pair of pants, when I should have been wearing two, and I wore my regular hat instead of my greenie. 


In short, I was cold. 


139 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!