Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the thing about running is . . .

Running or any other kind of exercise I guess. You can't just sit back and rest on your laurels admiring your success. You can't take a day off righteously because you had a great workout the day before. You. just. have. to. keep. going. and. go. again. and. again.

I was righteously justifying in my mind today why I was just NOT GOING TO FUCKING GO today. Shit, I did 5 yesterday dammit!!!! But then, I recognized that the reason I could do 5 is that I just go every day after day after day. So I just went. And I was pretty pissy about it. And I didn't time myself. But I did end up doing 3 miles on the indoor track, which was just fine with me.

My calves hurt. But I'm glad I went. Crosstraining tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!