Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I can't run that slow and I can't walk that fast"

Okay, 9.21 miles, total time 121:08, which is 13:15 miles. It wasn't my best time, but I am proud of this run because I paced really really well, I went even though I really wasn't enthused about it, but because I did so well with pacing, I was able to enjoy almost the entire run, it was a good run and I felt good about it.

The title of the post is what Chris said to me yesterday when we got into a tiff about him running ahead of me and I was all "well, if you want to run with me, maybe you could try running WITH me and not ahead of me" and that title line is what he told me. It made me laugh.

Songs I have been enjoying lots while running these days, that you guys may not have on your lists:

1. "Going On" by Gnarls Barkley
2. "I'm Still Here" by Vertical Horizon
3. "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job Mari!!!! Its funny Chris went with you at all, I wouldn't be able to tolerate someone running beside me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what happened was, he was running ahead of me, and there was a car pulling out, so he points to the car, and I see him point. So, then he points again, and then turns around to me, pointing at the goddamn car! So, I shouted at him "I SEE HIM!!!!" and he got all wounded. So, we were cooling down and he was all "you know, you didn't have to shout at me, I was just being careful" and I was all "well, you know, I do this all the time and I don't think I need you pointing out the cars three or four times" and he was all "well, I didn't know if you saw me!" and that was when I said "well, maybe if you were running with me instead of ahead of me you would know I saw you".

    My point being, he doesn't run beside me and honestly, I don't actually give a good goddamn where he runs, but it irritated the shit out of me that he kept pointing out the car that was backing out. Run ahead of me if you want, but don't then think that you can communicate with me while doing it!!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!