Thursday, September 9, 2010

fingers crossed for today

I am tutoring today after school, and then I am going to try real hard to cross train for at least 30 minutes on the exercise bike. My biggest barrier is hunger. I am so starving by the time the work day ends, all I can think about is eating. Most of the time I can't even make it home and I stop and get something. Never a good thing! I have tried packing a big ol' sandwich and eating it after the bell rings and it holds me off for maybe an hour, which makes me think it's partly emotional eating. But my stomach is growling so I don't know... maybe I'm not getting enough fluids during the day. I have also tried eating more calories during the school day and that didn't help. Anyway keep your fingers crossed for me that I can do this. They won't let the teachers get there before 7:30 so I can't do it before work, which would be ideal. But they do let us stay till 7:30, which is not.

Update: I tried and tried. The room where the bikes and stuff are kept was locked. I knocked, nobody answered. I started to leave, got to the parking lot, found the principal, walked all the way back, and his key didn't work. I got to the parking lot again and found the assistant principal, walked back, and his key didn't work. I was walking back to the parking lot and found the nurse, who said she had a key. It didn't work but a little girl opened the door from the inside, where the principal's secretary was walking on the treadmill, with a LOT of kids in tow. I said cool! and went into the bathroom to change. This was when I realized that I didn't bring any water. I thought, I will just take a break every five minutes and go to the drinking fountain. So I put on my pants, socks, shoes, bra, and was all the way to the bottom of my workout bag, where there was no shirt. So I said fuck it. Put my work pants on over my workout pants, put my work shirt on over my power bra, and burned rubber.

5 comments:

  1. What works for me is a protein shake before dinner. Takes the edge off the hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. I drink a protein shake in the afternoon and when I do that it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And good for you for trying crosstraining!! I think you'll find it a really nice way to break up all the running. Plus its so much better for your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny stuff, funny stuff! Personally, I would have given up when the door was locked the first time. But then again, I also brought my bag to work today with every intention of doing the bike and did not go. And not even a reason or an excuse!! My boss wanted to go out to lunch instead, I accepted, and that was the end of my exercise plans.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!