Sunday, September 5, 2010

Death on a stick

Is what I feel like this morning. Muscles stiff and aching, headache, and a little nasal congestion. I hardly slept last night because of how stiff my legs and hips are after doing 9 yesterday. I feel like I did after the half earler this year! So I want to be careful that I'm not pushing too hard and compromising my immune system before the race. Like an idiot, I rushed home after my run yesterday and went to the ASU game without even eating. I drank four beers and had nasty greasy chicken fingers and fries for dinner (protein, ya know). I didn't spend the evening hydrating and resting, which I'm sure accounts for my headache this morning. And as I tried to run to make that yellow light my legs were hollering at me. The game was so freakin hot I was literally dripping sweat, back sweat, bra sweat, butt sweat.

Anyway, I did the 9 on the indoor track in 107 minutes which is just shy of 12 min miles (11:50 something?). I ran the whole first five but I didn't have my watch so wasn't timing. I had to take a break after 6 to crap, and my time was 68 min, which I was pretty happy with. The last four miles I walked every 5th lap, which is 20%, and I was in full run/walk mode through the whole 9 (as opposed to last week when I walked every other lap on the 9th and treated it as a cool down).

So I feel good about my effort and great about where I am in the training schedule with two 9's under my belt and 5 weeks left to go. Just need to figure out how to best finish out the 5 weeks with appropriate taper, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!