Monday, September 6, 2010

Oy vey, can I get some advil up in here

I mapped out a 6-mile course from Escalante to Old Spanish Trail, sort of through part of the Saguaro National Monument. I wrote down the directions on a piece of paper, which I promptly lost. So my 6 miles turned into 7.5 because I got lost. It was very slow. There was trudging, whining, and nearly a phone call to Pete to pick my ass up. But I made it, and I did under 18-minute miles, which is good enough for me. I will not have time to taper and I definitely plan to get a 10 under my belt before the race. I will have to be careful not to overdo it. I did a lot of walking today and my knees feel pretty ok! I ate 2 margarita flavored shot-bloks every half hour, and drank a muscle milk light before and after the walk.
Marianne you made me laugh when I read your text.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think it is cool that you were lost but not lost enough to not be able to map it out once you got back and know your real distance. I got lost once, and never did know how far I went.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!