Friday, September 17, 2010

9.5ish

was my total distance tonight. I literally cannot tolerate the mental build-up to the long runs on the weekend, so I went tonight just to get it the hell outta the way. I only timed myself up to 9 miles (which turned out on google to be 8.8 dammit) and it was 2:01, which was pretty disappointing and about 13:30 miles I think, which kinda sucks. I ran pretty well with only short walk breaks for the first 7ish miles and then probably walked half of the rest. But, it was outside and a lot hotter than I've been used to, and my route has lots of nasty hills. And, I golfed yesterday for 5 hours in 107 degree heat, worked all day, and many other excuses. The good news is I'm done, only two more real longs to go, and I still have 4 weeks of training to improve before the race. It is different going outside, both from the treadmill and the indoor track. So probably some getting used to there. I'm going to do the rest of my longs outside and at least one other outside run every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!