Monday, September 6, 2010

It got done

9 miles. 9.12 to be exact. Time was 2:01:31. Which is 13:18 miles, right? That sounds right. Feels right. I did okay. Shortened two of my running intervals by thirty seconds or so, but otherwise just pushed on through. My lungs are still tighter than they should be, if you know what I am saying. Not as bad as yesterday, though, so I am going on the assumption that I am either sick or fighting off some sickness. I feel okay right now, though. My calves are a bit tight, but I'm sure they will get over it.

Question: Will there be spittoons on the race course? Because I am like a spitting machine. It's not making a very good impression on the neighbors, I am sure.

You guys just let me know what you are doing for the next weeks until the race, I'll follow suit. But Sandy, I just don't know about not doing more than a 9 mile long run. That is FOUR miles short of the race! And I just don't know if I can even do it! These 9 miles wore me OUT!

Going to lay down now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to do 10 at least once or maybe twice, but I won't do more than that. And LOL no on the spitoons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course you can do it! You've trained way harder for this one than you did the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, drinking anything other than water makes me spit a LOT.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!