Monday, September 27, 2010

Remember the Name

I did 2.5 this morning, walking most of it. I started out with 1:1 ratio walking to running, then went to 2:1, then just walked. My time was 16:24 minute miles. I wore both knee braces and I really felt it in my calves. I think my stride must be really wanky when my knees aren't stabilized. Weird!!! The first song I listened to was Remember the Name, (thanks Mari) and I thought, it should really be 50% concentrated power of will. That's my biggest stumbling block!!
I have been listening to Rhythm of Love by the Plain White Tees, Magic by B.o.B, and Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland. I am getting really excited about the trip... making a list of things to pack and such! Marianne, since I am coming Friday morning, it doesn't matter if I check a bag right? I will have to see if they charge more for checking bags.

2 comments:

  1. When I was getting my bike fitted I saw this cool "pre-race drink" that I forgot to buy, but I'm totally gonna get some and try it before my next long. And if it really helps I'm bringing it! It looked awesome and said it helps your body warm up more quickly and stimulates better performance, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frontier DOES charge for checking bags, like twenty five dollars. So, try to do without checking a bag! Although if you have to you have to. Also, make sure you check in on line 24 hours ahead of time so you can get the seat you want.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!