Sunday, September 26, 2010

9.69

Jesus great christ with crampy calves!! The stupid run got done, and that is nearly the best that can be said about it. I was doing just fine and even enjoying myself right up until around mile six, and the last three were just a bitch and no two ways about it.

The more short runs you do during the week, the better the long run is. I know this. Which is why I continue to surprise and kind of disgust myself with how well I ignore that basic fact.

But it got done. My time was 128:29, which is about 13:13 miles. Perfectly okay.

10 miles next week. Goddess help me be better prepared!

Also, just so you guys know, it was 48 degrees outside when I first started and that was around 7:00 AM. It will be colder than that by the time of the race, so you really need to plan on layers, probably three layers. That is what I plan on doing. Sweatshirt layer, long sleeve shirt layer, tank top layer. And the first two layers I need to go purchase at goodwill this week, so I can just leave them on the course. When I finished, two hours later, it was 67 degrees out, and the tank top definitely felt good.

1 comment:

  1. oh you could NOT have made me happier with that weather update!!!!! I do so much better in the cold! It may even make up for the altitude!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!