Sunday, March 6, 2016

Why why why

You're just saying goodbye
to people whose every word is just a lie
And you wonder just a little if your soul isn't starting to die
And you spend every waking moment wondering why
- Airborne Toxic Event

And so this was the song on repeat this evening. It's funny how different music speaks to you at different times. Always a solace. Today's run almost didn't happen - I spent the greater part of the day sawing and hauling branches from my neighbors tree. It's a charitable act I do once a year or so so as to avoid having to politely request that she keep her goddam trees from invading my yard and clogging my pool filter. So needless to say I was tired and it was quite a workout in itself. But it was such a beautiful evening that I wanted to get out and do what I could. This resulted in a surprisingly enjoyable run and I actually did 3.5, so a good start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!