Friday, March 4, 2016

In Which I Might MIGHT Stop Bitching About Yoga

How many rules am I  to break before you understand 
That your double standards don't mean shit to me?
I know exactly what you say 
When I turn and walk away
But that's okay
Cuz' I don't let it get to me

              -Salt N Pepa

Goddamn, with the awesome Salt N Pepa!! Some throw back to my high school days. 

So, a while back when I first joined my new gym with the classes, my goal was to try some classes. Which I did. And one of the classes I did was called Body Flow. I always sort of thought about it as yoga without the bullshit and with better music (OMG SO MUCH BETTER MUSIC YOU GUYS). I did a few classes and then they got rid of a bunch of them and none worked for me anymore, and I wasn't committed to classes and they generally aren't my thing so I let it go. 

So after Wednesday's yoga class, and the what shall forevermore be known as the Right Nostril Incident, I saw that now that I have the fancy gym membership and can go to other branches, there is one with a 5:30 Body Flow class on Friday nights. 

And y'all. I LOVED this class. So so much. I got that "wrung out" feeling that sandy is always yammering on about and that I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have after these types of classes, but that for whatever reason I have an absurdly hard time achieving. It was awesome. I have found my class, and it does not involve telling me I overeat when I breathe through the incorrect nostril. 

I still like my Sunday yoga class, but from here on out, everything else is Body Flow, and I'm still counting it as Yoga, since it pretty much is. 

Anyway, also I ran four miles. BECAUSE I AM THE UNSTOPPABLE BEAST. (Who also has nothing better to do on Friday nights.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!