Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Illusions

"Some people have remarkably sturdy illusions."
- Dave Calhoun, Mr. Yummy (Stephen King, Bazaar of Bad Dreams)

No inspired song tonight, but this quote really spoke to me as I was reading last night. I am one of those people. It's takes a very long time for my illusions to die, even when I am standing over them violently squeezing the life out of them. I went up north this week for spring break and had the luxury of a woodland view while I worked and my boy and his homies went snowboarding. I had to deal with ghosts even there, in my happy place, which is regrettable. But it is still my happy place and today I did 3 miles around the lake. It was a lovely illusion. But really I did go. Didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!