Saturday, February 23, 2013

Luckiest run ever!!!!!!



Yes, I totally saw this in the desert on my mountain run today. I was running the last stretch, and thank goodness I ran so much or I would have missed her! I stopped in my tracks when I saw this cat walking away from the trail probably only 15 feet away. I said "oh!" and she turned and stared at me for a second before going on her way. Yeah, I had a tiny moment of fright there but not enough to dampen my excitement. There wasn't anybody around me so I just paced back and forth with my hands in the air watching her disappear into the brush. When some people finally got there I pointed her out and they did get to see her before she was out of sight. After we walked a little further we were able to see her again. What a fabulous reward for all of my hard work on the mountain today. Because I have to say, it really kicked my ass. There was a lady I called Pinky that I passed in the first mile if my run who was on my heels the whole way up. Even after the parts I ran, I would see her catching up again. Finally at the last steep rocky incline before the top, I was prepared to stand aside and let her by. But that last stretch seemed to kick her ass too, so I stayed ahead. She headed straight down while I took a breather at the top, and then I passed her again on my run down never to see her again (although I kept looking!). Pinky made me better today and I was thankful for that. Maybe the bobcat was good karma. 86.5 miles down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!