Saturday, February 16, 2013

It got done

I'm amazed, the lack of evolution
I'm amazed at the lack of faith
I'm amazed at the love we're rejecting
I'm amazed what we accept in its place

                                 - My Morning Jacket


Yesterday I was inches from just not going at all. I was finally able to talk myself into it by only doing two stupid miles. And I didn't even go fast! I did those miles at the end of my work day, so I came straight home in my gym clothes, and my son asked me if I had already been running or if I was just getting ready to go, and so I told him I went but only two miles, and he was the one to remind me of the words of wisdom I often repeat to my kids (learned from my sista), to wit: "It got done". And it did. And I'm glad. I probably would have been pretty disappointed in myself if I took an extra rest day this week. And two miles was just enough to make me happy, it was a happy two miles, even if it was on the stupid treadmill, which I am heartily sick of.

BUT!! Today the high is supposed to be a beautiful 58 degrees! So, I am waiting until mid-morning so it warms up a bit and then I'm hitting the trail for a good four miles.

84 miles down, 416 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!