Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hide your crazy

Go on, hide your crazy
And start acting like a lady
- Miranda Lambert, Not My Mamas Broken Heart

This song is a true country hick song and it cracks me up every time I hear it. By some mad coincidence today, I saw another bobcat in my neighborhood, and this time I got a picture. So I had never seen one in my life and now I've seen two in the last two days. I think the universe must be trying to send me a message. Anyway, I have to say it was difficult getting out there today. I've run 22 miles in the last week and am just damn tired. Such is the blessing and curse of the 500 mile goal. Woe to those who fall behind. But I got out and ran on the mountain. It was quite windy and chilly today but I was still overdressed and sweating in my hoodie. I walked a little more than normal but it got done. I saw this lady with a tiny baby in a carrier on her chest and it reminded me of when I used to power walk in the desert with tiny infant K, and the way her little arms would flounce to the beat of my stride. 91 miles down. Now off to Atlanta and hoping my determination sticks and I do some running while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!