Monday, February 11, 2013

I dream I never know anyone at the party, and I'm always the host

We drove out to the desert just to lie down beneath this bowl of stars
We stand up in the Palace, like it's the last of the great pioneer town bars
And we shout out these songs against the clang of electric guitars
Well, you can see a million miles tonight
But you can't get very far

                               - Counting Crows, 


A song that has been on my playlist for, I think, forever. And lately, when it comes on, I press repeat. Nothing much to report. It's goddamn cold here and it's that time of year when winter seems to have gone on too long and you start to lose faith a little bit, wondering if spring just isn't going to come this year. 

79 down, 421 to go.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song! I just had to tell you that. Now I'm going to go listen to it because I haven't heard it in forever. Also, as someone from a state (Montana) where the winter-to-not-winter ratio is horribly disproportionate, I feel your pain. But it makes us tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! In fact, I would be quite suspicious of anyone who did not love that song. Your comment reminds me to count my blessings.... although I have been on the treadmill for a week now, this weekend we are being blessed with good enough weather here in Denver to run outside. I think in Montana that is much more rare than it is here, no?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!