Friday, October 19, 2012

Week in Review

Shield your eyes from the truth at hand
tell me why it'll be good again
all those demons are closing in
- Sara Bareilles, Bright Lights and Cityscapes

This was an odd week for running and a lazy week for blogging.  On Sunday, BF and I ran the mountain, about halfway up and all the way down.  4.5 total and it was a great workout.  So great that I didn't go at all on Monday.  Then Tuesday I did 3 in the hood.  Then Wed I did the mountain by myself, and there were helicopters circling the mountain.  I thought at first they must be warning me of upcoming danger on the trail, like a desert bear.  But then they hovered over a peak and dropped a guy out of the helicopter on a rope.  So I sat and watched for awhile, I think they were pulling someone off the mountain.  It was cool.  So I only did about 3.5 of the mountain on that day and I walked all the way down just cause I felt like it.  Then today BF and I had declared a FAF (fuck-around friday) and that entailed going to the gym after a big breakfast.  That is, I had a big breakfast - waffle, eggs, bacon.  He totally misordered a yogurt fruit parfait and then didn't eat it.  It was akin to me having prime rib while he picked at a dinner salad.  We went to the gym after that and I did 2 on treadmill at incline and then one on track with strength training.  It was a great workout, and we worked up a great appetite for popcorn and m&m's at the movie.  We saw Argo - great flick. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh, Chris and I are going to go see that! I'm so glad to hear you thought it was good. Chris and rarely want to see the same movie, it would be nice for us to see one we both like, as that is even rarer.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!