Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just Like A Wavin' Flag

Put me in a special school
’Cause I am such a fool
And I don’t need a single book
To teach me how to read
-Weezer

3 miles today - at a decent pace.  A wise man (OK - it was Ran Dumb Thoughts) told me that 20 miles per week was the magic number.  I can dig it.  For me, I will try for 4 x 3 during the week and then 6 on the weekend.  Oh yeah, and then round up.  Whatever - it's my new plan.  And it started today perfectly.

My run was through the neighborhood again today and instead of being distracted by the Halloween decorations, I focused on the number of flags being flown.  Nope - not patriotic Americans getting ready for the election.  College football fans.  OK - if you want to fly a flag for your team - whatever, knock yourself out.  But here's the thing - you really can't fly two flags.  A&M and Texas.  LSU and A&M.  Texas Tech and LSU.  I saw all these combinations and more.  Look - if you think that you are supporting two teams, you aren't - you are supporting none.  I get it, I've been conflicted before, but I pick a side - as much as I love our Northern neighbors, I always root for the US against Canada.  Except in curling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!