Friday, October 19, 2012

Texas Breakfast

Thoughts that I had before
Don't come around anymore
-Sunriser

I knew that I needed to run today.  Yesterday, I went to Waco.  I haven't been to Waco since 1993, when I went to do a project on the Branch Davidians.  A buddy and I drove up there with a video camera (like a giant one that could hold a VHS tape) and no plan, but knowing we had to put something together for our Texas Politics class.  On the way to Waco we saw a man riding a giant tricycle, and so we pulled over and interviewed him.  He too, was on his way to Waco, to mediate a settlement and then let the children ride out on his tricycle.  Right.  At least now we had a plan - let's talk to all the crazy people we see.  And we did.  When we presented our project, the only feedback we got from our professor was that our video was "too bouncy".  True enough.  A+.

Anyway, I went yesterday and on the way I stopped for breakfast.  I bought what can only be described as a "Texas breakfast".  A sausage, cheese, and jalapeno kolache and a dr. pepper.  I thought it was great until I looked at it - it's really just a hot dog wrapped in a slice of American cheese and baked in bread.  Then I thought "I really need to run:".  So I did today.  But only about 2.5 miles.  I ran through the neighborhood and saw someone else doing the snake run through the streets.  And when he saw me, he started running really fast, probably because he knew it was patent infringement.  Not cool.  I will have to get my neighborhood lawyer friend to stop doing yardwork and sue this guy.  So much to do.

Also need to keep building the playlist.  How about "Watch Me Try" from Sunriser.  This band is the coolest.  I usually put the link out there and tell you how great the song is, but this time I really mean it.  Follow it.  And then buy it on iTunes.  They need it.  And I'll know if you did - the song currently has 2 plays.  And one was mine.  Did I mention they need it?  How is a band this good a secret?  Oh right - the Canada thing.

http://www.myspace.com/sunriser/music/songs/watch-me-try-49625715

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!