Sunday, October 28, 2012

Illuminating

I belong with you, you belong with me
-The Lumineers

I ran 5 miles today and again felt better at the end than the beginning.  Maybe running really is good for you.  Long sleeves today - it was great.

On the  run today, I saw lots and lots of Halloween decorations.  People going all out.  There are several houses where they have hung great quantities of those plastic pumpkins (the kind you would take trick-or-treating) in their front yard tree.  A couple of the houses had to have between 50 and 100.  I had an interesting conversation with Great Expectations about this.

GE:  Those look pretty cool
Me:  They remind me of lumineers
GE:  The band?
Me:  No, those paper bags with candles
GE:  Those are luminarias
Me:  Then what's a lumineer?
GE:  Still, just a band

OK.  Fair enough.  More interesting than my inability to know the difference between a pumpkin with no candle, a bag with a candle, and a folk band - is the question of what these people do with their pumpkins the other 11 months.  Do they just throw them away?  Do they have storage space for 100 pumpkins that don't nest or stack?   

1 comment:

  1. LOL it must be humbling to be married to someone with such mastery of the english language. RanDumbThoughts and I prefer to make up our own words.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!