Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Another 3

We're going out tonight
Dressed up in black and white
-Sunriser

Today's blog is brought to you by small positive numbers.  I ran 3 miles today in twenty-four minutes.  That's two four.  Which is how you order a case of beer at The Beer Store (yep, that's the name) in Canada.  "I'll have a two four."  But before you get clever, you can't do it for a 12-pack.  If you ask for a one two, they'll look at you like you're crazy.  Or like you asked for Tecate.  They have Tee-Kate, but they certainly don't know what you are saying if you ask for Tecate. 

You might say that I ran 3 eight minute miles, but you would be wrong.  I learned today that it is possible to go out too fast, even on a short run.  My first mile was fast - but my last one was slow.  The last one felt kind of like mile 12 of a half marathon.  Running, but moving slower than people who are walking.

Happy Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!