Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall?

In a crooked little town, they were lost and never found
Fallen leaves, fallen leaves, fallen leaves... on the ground
-Billy Talent
Sunday run.  Finally feels like fall, after sweating out Friday's run in 85 degrees, today's run was in the 60's.  I ran about 4.5 and felt amazing in the last 1/2 mile.  I didn't feel amazing at any time prior to that, but it was nice to finish on a high note. 

On my run today, I was thinking about the new Texas license plates.  They are black and white with minimal decoration.  It makes me think of a major college football program where the head coach recently was fired due to his role in the cover up of a scandal, then died, then had his statue removed.  I don't want to name names, but I don't see why the state of Texas would want to align itself with this particular university.  But then I read the explanation - they say that black and white looks good with any color vehicle.  This also bothers me (not as much as the first part).  I'm guessing that all of the Texas A&M alumni who drive maroon cars (90 percent of all maroon cars are sold in Texas - I can't back that up, but it seems true) complained about their license plate clashing with their car. 

I think I just reopened my consulting business.  Texas - pick something different.  Let me know where to send the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!