Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Memento

It reeks of politics
Signatures stained with tears
Who can remember, we've got to remember
-Midnight Oil

Did I really forget toothpaste and contact saline?  And did I really come up with the plan of running to the drugstore instead of just going to the gift shop?  Yes and yes.  And when the map showed three different Walgreens on one corner, not too far from my hotel, it seemed perfect.  Except for two things.  First - I am boycotting Walgreens for one year.  So no Walgreens for me (now read it again in your Soup Nazi voice).  Which is lucky because none of the three existed.  Or else they were hidden inside of the hospital that took up the whole block.  Either way, it wasn't happening.  So I ran farther and crossed under the highway to go to the CVS.  But it was gone too.  Turns out that I got turned around on my run and this was a different highway.  So I went to the gas station and bought toothpaste.  And a gatorade.  But not cucumber flavored.

All that nonsense for a run just over 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!