Thursday, June 14, 2012

What makes a good run?

If at all God's grace upon us falls
It's with a mischevous grin
- Dave Matthews

That is one of my favorite song quotes of all time. 

So today I struggled again with my 3 mile treadmill run.  I don't get it.  Tuesday I felt like I could run forever (granted, that was after two days off).  Last week I ran four miles and felt GREAT.  Running in Cape Cod was almost effortless, although arguably running at ocean level is easier than even Phoenix.  I've been getting a lot of sleep, eating well, and no stress.  Yet I can't tell from one day to the next when I will have a good run vs a bad one.  I guess the key is to keep plugging away at it and know that a good one will come again, as long as I'm consistent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!