Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another Playlist Update

You`ve been under my skin for more than eight years
It`s been eight years of laughter and eight years of tears
And I don`t know what the future can hold, or will do, for me and you
But I`m a much better man for having known you
-The Lowest of the Low

Really only six years.  But you get the point.  I've lived in Toronto for 6 years and am soon to return to the homeland.  All of the change has gotten in the way of running, but today I got up early and made it out the door.

I literally saw the early bird with a worm hanging out of its mouth this morning.  And a woman walking what she seemed to think was a dog, but I'm pretty sure it was a bear.  Anyway, I ran my normal run, but it was wet from the rain last night.  Luckily, that made me envision myself as a steeplechase runner as I athletically jumped over the puddles.  And yes, in my mind, I was not running for either the US or Canada; instead I was a Kenyan steeplechase runner.  While most people would call this a stretch, it is progress for me.  Usually in my mind I picture myself as Zola Budd, which would be normal if I were 85 pounds, a woman, or a barefoot runner.  So seeing myself as a Kenyan distance runner is a big step in getting closer to reality.  Solid 4.25 today.

And since it is what I do - I will add the above-quoted song to the official playlist.  Rosy and Grey - amazing song, amazing band.   I saw them live in a place that holds like 80 people - this song was the best live performance I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqqFEn7IOY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!