Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I know I'm a lucky man
God's given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and a piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can
My old truck's still runnin good
My ticker's tickin like they say it should
I got supper in the oven
A good woman's lovin
And even my bad days ain't that bad
Lord knows I'm a lucky man
- Diercks Bentley (I think)

There's a little bit of country for you on this sunny June afternoon. I watched Ellen on the treadmill this afternoon instead of music and that's the song that was on the radio on the way home. A song about a simple life and a good reminder that we have all we need. And it makes me smile because it reminds me of my dad.

I did another 3.5 at inclines today, 3 in 33:36. While I was trying to beat 33, I was pretty happy with that. Then I walked another half. I guess it's time to start thinking about going longer if we're going to do that damn half marathon, although my plan B is to be sitting on a balcony with a margarita in my hand watching you all run by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!