Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Running By The Numbers

Today the numbers aligned.  This post was going to be titled "I really didn't want to go today" or "I don't know how you working stiffs do it" but a slight miracle occured on the treadmill today.  I did not want to go the gym.  I was tired from my vacation on the Cape.  Yes, I get the irony there.  I got on with the intent of doing 3 miles at my normal inclines, and just seeing how it went.  But I felt great during the first mile and stepped up my speed cautiously.  Felt great during the second mile, speed stepped up more.  Felt great during the third mile, and hit it in around 34 minutes, and kept going.  I thought I'd let myself rest at 3.5 but no!  I pushed on, and got to 4 miles in 44:44, or 11:11 min/miles, which was great.  And then I was tired.  In the spirit of numbers, I looked at our blog stats, and discovered that "haphazard flinging of feces" was a search that led someone to our site.  So gotta feel great about that. 
BTW, no music today because I left my ipod in my suitcase, but I did have spare headphones in my car so I watched bad tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!