Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day

Take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories, I don't need 'em
Take your space and all your reasons
But you'll think of me

Take your cat but leave my sweater
We have nothing left to weather
In fact, I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me

That is probably my favorite Keith Urban song right there. It's on my sad songs playlist, for when I need a good pout. In celebration of National Running Day I decided to do four miles today. Actually I had decided that before I found out t was national running day. Who knew there was such a thing? Anyway, since I've been pushing myself a little on pace, I decided to take a longer slower jog today but I kept my inclines on the first two miles. For some reason that helps me to feel like it's broken into sections. I still felt strong after the first two, so I turned it up to 5.5 for the third, and then as fast as I could on the fourth. I think I did that last mile in 10:30 and I was trying to finish in under 46, and it turned over to 4 miles just as it turned to 46 min, so I'm taking credit for 45:59, haha. About 11:30 min miles which isn't bad given the inclines. And that last mile I felt like I had really reached "all levels.".

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!